So I am sure everyone has read, heard, and or talked about the Chris Brown incident on the morning show about a week ago. The reason I bring this story up, is that there was a lot of stories in the media about the uproar over his attitude and actions on that show. Along with that, there was even more stories about the uproar on the social media sites over Chris Brown and his upcoming performance on DWTS (Dancing with the Stars). The brief version of the uproar was, no one wanted DWTS to allow Chris Brown to perform on the DWTS show. With all of the stories in the news about the negative press on the social sites, I thought for sure Chris Brown wouldn't be allowed to perform. Brown was eventually allowed to perform on the show.
This is a good example of the power of social media and the possible effects it has on media. What are some of your thoughts on the social media and its affect on media?
I think Chris Brown goes out of his way to get attention and that spreads to social networks as well. Whenever I hear about Chris Brown, I usually see something about him on Facebook first.
ReplyDelete