Yesterday in class we talked about privacy and security when it came to the Internet. I knew a lot about this subject already when I came into this class. I did learn a lot of information I was not aware of about privacy and security on the internet that I did not know, as well. The fact that there was a difference from “http” and “https” was shocking to me. I had no idea that this little heading that comes before site addresses meant secure or non-secure serves. Along with that, I had no idea I was leaving myself open for hacking every time I logged into my Facebook or Myspace accounts. Another item I was unaware of was that every time you send an e-mail out you send out your IP address along with it. This was not common knowledge as far as I am concerned and it makes you think twice who you correspond with on the internet. These ideas make me think twice on what I do with my time on the internet. Also, what your family, friends, and children are accessing through your laptop or PC.
I didn't know about the difference between http and https either. I guess I'll have to be more careful when using wi-fi.
ReplyDelete