Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Guest Speaker (S. McFarland)

Tonight we had a special guest speaker, Sara McFarland, who was a Google Certified teacher. I really enjoyed her presentation and the activities she had the class work on. This speaker really brought into perspective the power of social media when it comes to the real world. The thing that stood out for me the most was the work atmosphere at Google. This is totally different then any other work environment that I have experienced. After watching that video, I wish more work places took on a more collaborative approach when it comes to work. Also, I really enjoyed the speaker because her presentation showed actual jobs that are out there for our major.   

1 comment:

  1. I don't what I would do there, but I would love to work at google. A place where everyone seems to get along is a great place to have a career.

    ReplyDelete